Planning an extraordinary Autumn escape? Nelson Tasman is the place to be. Known for its light at all times of the year, we’re far more than just a summer destination. A wealth of experiences await your arrival here in the Top of the South.
Our crisp, cloudless days are perfect for enjoying all the outdoor activities our region has to offer such as cycling, kayaking, paddle-boarding, hiking and skydiving. But for those days when the weather is a little cooler, there is still plenty to do. You can explore our central city shopping precinct, or immerse yourself in the region's culture and heritage with a vast array of art galleries, museums, craft breweries and wineries to choose from.
Browse through our extraordinary offers below for an Autumn escape that is guaranteed to be truly unforgettable.
Package price: $835.
Available April 3rd to May 31st 2018.
An Extraordinary Abel Tasman Escape awaits you.
Enjoy three nights for the price of two in a studio room at the Abel Tasman Lodge in Marahau. With its rather lovely garden setting and comfortable, sunny rooms, the Lodge is the perfect base for your full day kayaking adventure in the Abel Tasman National Park. On your guided kayaking trip in the Magical Marine Reserve you will travel by water taxi to Onetahuti in the morning and paddle with your expert local guide southward through the Tonga Island Marine Reserve visiting the friendly local wildlife. You will then enjoy your lunch on a golden beach before continuing your kayaking trip with Marahau Sea Kayaks southwards to Anchorage, catching a water taxi from Anchorage back to Marahau where you will be able to dine at Hooked using your gift voucher.
This packaged trip is for two people and includes:
- 3 nights studio room accommodation at Abel Tasman Lodge.
- 1 full day guided kayaking trip with Marahau Sea Kayaks including lunch, snacks and water taxi fares.
- $100 gift voucher for food and drinks at Hooked on the Marahau Waterfront.
Package price: $75-$99 per person.
Available for bookings between April 1st to September 30th 2018.
This package is ideal for a day trip into the Abel Tasman National Park this Autumn. Join Abel Tasman SeaShuttle for a cruise from Kaiteriteri (or Totaranui) to Awaroa Bay where you can enjoy a delicious 2 course meal at Awaroa Lodge. There is also the option to walk some of the famous coastal track (or walk off that decadent dessert!).
- Return water taxi transfer with Abel Tasman Seashuttle from Kaiteriteri or Totaranui (limited departure times apply).
- A delicious 2 course lunch at Awaroa Lodge (any starter+main or main+dessert. Excludes platters & drinks).
Child pricing available. Groups welcome; bookings essential.
Package price: From $459.
Start off your day with New Zealand's most scenic skydive, then enjoy half a day of kayaking with your guide through the sheltered and scenic southern end of the Park.
Spend the morning viewing the Abel Tasman from 13,000ft, on an epic tandem skydive. Skydive Abel Tasman is quite simply New Zealand’s most scenic skydive during which you will see both the North and South Islands, 3 national parks, Mt Taranaki and the Southern Alps as well as the Marlborough Sounds!
Take a quick breath and then see the Abel Tasman from a whole new perspective as you paddle in your sea kayak along the extraordinary granite coastline with your guide from Marahau Sea Kayaks. Explore caves, islands and secluded beaches along the scenic Astrolabe Roadstead in the southern end of the Park.
Travel back by water taxi from Observation Beach for another up-close look at the Park from the water.
- Half day guided kayak hire from Marahau Sea Kayaks.
- Water taxi fare.
- Tandem Skydive at Skydive Abel Tasman.
Package price: Up to 2 kids travel free with an adult (full fare adult).
Available from April 2nd to April 30th 2018.
Experience the length of the spectacular coast from Kaiteriteri to Totaranui as a family with this kids travel free deal from Wilsons, valid on any Vista Cruise, Cruise & Walk or BBQ Cruise (9.20am, 10.30am, 1.00pm). Relax on the upper or lower decks and enjoy some snacks at the onboard cafe whilst friendly local hosts introduce you to stories in the landscape.
- Must be pre-booked & prepaid.
- One date change allowed at no additional cost.
- Not available with any other offer.
- ‘Kids’ extended to include ‘school age’ ie up to 17 years.
Mention the 'kids travel free' deal at time of booking.
Price: From $900.
Available April 12th to August 31st 2018.
Are you a Lord of the Rings fan? Did you know that the Nelson Tasman region is home to seven locations used in the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies?
One of the best ways to see two major film sites is by helicopter with Reid Helicopters.You can visit Mt Olympus and the site South of Rivendell where the Fellowship hide from the crebain, Saruman's black crows in the Fellowship of the Ring. Or you can fly south west for a double rings flight visiting Mt Owen, Dimrill Dale as the Fellowship escapes from the Mines of Moria. With special Autumn & Winter rates for direct bookings, the ultimate Lord of the Rings experience is right at your fingertips.
- LOTR Single Site Mt Olympus = $900 NZD incl taxes - Up to 3 passengers with declared weights
- LOTR Single Site Mt Olympus = $1900 NZD incl taxes - Up to 6 passengers with declared weights
- LOTR Double Site Mt Olympus & Mt Owen = $1600 NZD incl taxes - Up to 3 passengers with declared weights
- LOTR Double Site Mt Olympus & Mt Owen = $2360 NZD incl taxes - Up to 6 passengers with declared weights
Mention the 'Lord of The Rings Autumn Adventure' at time of booking.
Package price: From $1320
Available until 31st May 2018 for departures in April/May or Sept/Oct/Nov.
Escape for a 3 or 5 day kayak and walk break with Wilsons Abel Tasman and receive one nights free accommodation in Nelson at the Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco. You can be as relaxed or adventurous as you wish on this all-inclusive holiday, staying at the Beachfront Lodges, enjoying fine food and paddling or walking around the Park.
The 3 or 5 day kayak and walk breaks include:
- Scheduled coach transfers from and to Motueka or Nelson
- Scenic cruise along the length of the spectacular Abel Tasman coast.
- Delicious fresh meals from lunch on your departure day to lunch on your final day (3-course dinners, breakfasts (cooked or continental), picnic lunches, snacks, fresh fruit, morning and afternoon teas.
- Accommodation in share twin/double room with ensuite bathroom, including wonderful hot showers and all bedding.
- All luggage transfers and luggage storage.
- Track notes, maps and advice to help you design each day to be as active or relaxed as you wish with boat back-up to shorten each day's walk.
- Kayaking options include top quality kayaking gear, with full instructions and safety brief: stable double kayak, buoyancy aid, spray jacket and dry bags.
- One nights free accommodation at the Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco.
Package price: $498.
Available April 4th to May 17th 2018.
There's nowhere quite like the Abel Tasman National Park in autumn! Calm, glistening sea, crisp cool air and a roaring log fire to greet you at Awaroa Lodge. This 2 night inclusive package is based on our Awaroa Escape and is at a cool autumn rate including a $50 credit to spend in the restaurant.
- 2 nights accommodation in a Standard room.
- Return water taxi transfers from Kaiteriteri with Abel Tasman Seashuttle.
- A delicious full cooked breakfast to start each day.
- A $50 credit to spend on Food & Beverage.
Available from April 1st to May 31st 2018.
Imagine this: You're relaxing on the balcony, cup of coffee in hand, overlooking the calm, clear waters of Kaiteriteri Beach as the sun rises on a crisp Autumn morning. The superior two bedroom apartment at Kaiteriteri Recreation Reserve is the perfect place to start your day, whether you are preparing for activities out on the water, on the beach, at the Abel Tasman track or at the Kaiteriteri mountain bike park.
Package price: $269pp.
Available until April 30th 2018.
Abseil through showering waterfalls, jump into deep pools, slide down water polished chutes, and soar over giant boulders attached to a zipline.
Canyoning is a new, exciting, and unique activity in the Abel Tasman. We take people away from the coastline and off the beaten track, to explore the remote canyons in the heart of the National Park. Here we find our hidden gems, the beautifully sculpted granite rock, emerald green pools with crystal clear water, and walls lined with lush ferns and deep green moss … The canyons. Consider it Mother Nature’s very own hydro slide park. Canyoning is the ultimate fusion of pristine New Zealand river gorges and pure adrenaline!
Due to the support and close guidance of the guides, you will find yourself stepping outside your comfort zone, which allows for a life changing experience.
- A full day epic canyoning adventure.
- Water taxi ride from Marahau to Anchorage and back.
- Lunch, snacks and drinks.
- Free photos and videos.
- Free tshirt.
To book this deal call 0800 863472 or email email@example.com and mention the "Torrent River Autumn Deal"
Package Price: $380 for a scheduled full day sailing tour for two.
Available for bookings before 1 October 2018.
Enjoy NZ's best scenic sailing adventure as you join others and journey through the Abel Tasman National Park, sailing between Kaiteriteri & Anchorage Bay. Take in all the sights and sounds of the National Park on a comfortable catamaran allowing you access to beaches, bays coves and estuaries. See the world famous Split Apple Rock & the friendly NZ Fur seals. Stretch your legs and walk the golden sands of Anchorage Beach, before catching the afternoon sea breeze back to Kaiteriteri. Have a go at sailing or sit back and relax - the choice is yours!
This package deal allows you and 1 other to take advantage of Autumn, joining with others to enjoy the Abel Tasman National Park the peaceful quiet and relaxing way.
- A full day scenic sailing adventure in the Abel Tasman National Park for two people.
- See NZ Fur Seals, the world famous Split Apple Rock and much more!
- Knowlegeable skipper who is your guide & host for the day.
- Packed lunch.
- Free sailing lessons, or just sit back & relax.
- Free time to explore Anchorage beach for up to 1 hour.
- Free tea, coffee & juice.
- Free transfers between Marahau & Kaiteriteri available at request.
- Free Sailing t-shirt.
To book this deal call 0800 467 245 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the "Abel Tasman Autumn Adventures Deal"